Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wo is Me?

As you know I was feeling pretty wo is me last night.

Funny how a chat with a friend, a call from mom, and a night of sleep can change all that. (Oh, and some surfing in the snow. That helps too.)

It was the phone conversation with mom that made the biggest difference. The conversation was not about me at all. I didn't even let on that I'd been blubbering. She had some bad news that really put my troubles into perspective. My uncle is dying. It has been a long time coming. He hasn't been well for a very long time. He's been in a care facility for four or five years. He's suffering and its his time. Part of the phone conversation my mind wandered to this past summer when Gramma Jewel died. She was in her 90's. At least 20 years older with a much better quality of life. It was a powerful comparison. I want that: quality of life into my 90's.

Today I got my blood tests, made my appointment with a physical therapist, and did a lot of research on the vitamins and such that the doctor is recommending. I also spent some time thinking about what I really want, why I really want it and how I'm gonna get it. What happens next is up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers