Thursday, January 12, 2017

Structure

Since moving I have had a terrible time getting into a groove. I could blame it on my concussion. I could blame it on the cold weather. I could blame it on the fact that there are fewer daylight hours than I was used to in Hawaii. I could blame it on a myriad of other large and small things that are different about me, my family, and the world, but really I got to put blame where blame is due: Me. I am to blame. 

I have not created and held myself to a structure because, hey, when you don't have to why?! I'll tell you why: because you flounder. There is a reason we have bones: structure. There is a reason walls have studs and floors have joists: structure. There is a reason for rocks and earth: structure. Its time for me to create some structure in my life again so I can stand tall, be a support to those around me, and do some (more) good in the world.

To start building my structure I am going to reach way, way back into my old Fly Lady days. Do you remember Fly Lady? Great system for creating structure in baby steps. When my kids were little and my house was chaos I found Fly Lady for the first time. It had a lasting influence and every once in a while I like to go back for a refresher.

She proposes a morning routine. Her's is great but it is really focused on cleaning and I need something a little different. I'm battling some mild depression and so my morning routine will consist of a few things that have helped me in the past and have also been scientifically proven to help improve mood disorders.
  1. Get out of bed
  2. Drink water
  3. Take vitamins
  4. Put on workout clothes/shoes
  5. Wake up the girls
  6. 30 minutes of exercise
  7. 20 minutes of scriptures, inspirational reading, prayer and meditation in front of my new Verilux Happy light.
By the time I have completed this list the girls will be ready for school and I can usher them happily out the door. We'll see how this works tomorrow and then continue adding more structure. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers