Monday, January 16, 2017

For All My Complaining

For a girl with as many complaints as I do lately, I had a really good weekend. It started off a little rough and anxious on Friday and Saturday but it certainly didn't end that way.

It was my uncle Dudley's funeral this weekend which of course is sad. However, it was so fun to see all my aunts, uncles and cousins and to catch up with them all and to remember uncle Dudley and all the good he did.

Thanks to the foresight and generosity of my friends Pam and Bill I also got to bring home my new (to me) piano a week early! The also helped me get an armoire and mattress home which was such a blessing. I'm getting really excited to welcome our missionary home and we needed some bedroom storage and a mattress to be able to do that. I couldn't have done it without Pam and Bill and I am ever so grateful. It was also really nice to be able to spend time with them.

The piano is adjusting to its new environment and is having a few issues with tune and sticky keys. I'll get that fixed soon enough but in the meantime it has not kept any of us from enjoying it. It fills my heart with such happiness to play the piano again. I pulled out a few old favorites and the kids were singing along in no time. Cora decided that she was going to teach herself a new song and is already advancing quickly through it. Such joy it brings a pianist mother's heart!

I mentioned our missionary. Afton was so kind to create and order a Welcome Home banner for him. She ordered it from Staples and I picked it up today. One is laminated and the other is just tough paper that will hang inside the window. I'm so happy to have teens that help me out and create beautiful things for me and each other. Just four more sleeps until we welcome this man home. Can't wait!

Another great thing that happened this weekend is I got to spend the whole day with my honey today. Thanks to the MLK holiday he was able to stay home and spend time with the fam. We spent the morning doing some work around the house. Then he took me out surfing. It was a rough surf day but we were each able to get one great ride and a really good paddling workout. Then we spent the afternoon and evening at Home Depot and Safeway purchasing supplies for the bookcase we are building and the welcome home party we are hosting. When we got home we went straight to work sanding and cutting and constructing. I can't wait to see how it turns out and am anxious to get all my books out of boxes. HOORAY!

Well, it is late. It has been a nice weekend and I am ready to face all that awaits me this week. It will be a busy one. I hope you have a great week too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers