Monday, May 02, 2016

The Best Gets Better

I'm a little obsessed with Kelly Slater. I've only seen him in person once and that was at a restaurant in Haleiwa just shortly after we moved here. I didn't have the guts to take a picture or say hi.

Kelly is an incredible surfer and I am especially amazed at his dedication to his sport. The fact that he was a 9x champion when this video was shot and he said that he thought he could still get better shows dedication and drive. He has gone on to win more World Surf League championships and continues to rock contests everywhere he goes.  He is two years older than me and 10-15 years older than most of his competitors. WOW!

Every once in a while when I am feeling down and old I like to watch this video and remind myself that if Kelly Slater thinks he has room for improvement then I do too. Does this video inspire you? Do you have a favorite video or idol you look up to for motivaton?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers