Today I finally got around to using the embroidery functions on my new machine. I didn't do anything super fancy but it sure took me a while to figure it all out. Today I embroidered some pillowcases for a wedding gift.
I decided to make a his and hers set with "Mr. (insert last name)" on one case and "Mrs. (insert last name)" on the other. on the back side of each case I embroidered their wedding date. I also made a simple lace bag to tuck them into and tied it up with a pretty ribbon. In the end it looked something like this.
Part of me worries that this is a cheap gift (and I don't want to look cheap). On the other hand I really can't afford a lot and I did spend about 4 hours doing it! Actually, I take that back, it took me 3.5 hours to do the first one and 15 minutes to do the second one and 15 minutes to make the bag, wrap it up and sign the card.