Thursday, May 14, 2015

Slow Down

Are you wondering why the sudden surge in blog posts?  Well, don't get used to it.  I haven't set any new blogging goals or anything, I just got sick.  Really sick. So sick that I hardly got out of bed for two days. I even skipped a day of class because I felt so miserable.

{Don't worry I still surfed. I know, totally crazy right?! Hacking and coughing and sneezing and achy with a fever and I got out anyways.  That is dedication! And believe it or not therapy too. It really cleared out my sinuses and surfing has a zen like quality that clears my head and thus body of every other thought but surfing. At least while I'm out and usually a little longer too. Yep, totally forgot I was sick for a while.}

In between naps and popsicles I have not only gotten in a few extra blog posts (they are back dated by the way so scroll back), I have also caught up on old emails, tracked down some unpaid invoices for sewing, and did some long overdue paperwork for my teaching gig. And when I couldn't sleep due to coughing and a combination of too many naps and excedrin I even got some cleaning done!

All this sickness is turning out to be a blessing in disguise and giving me an opportunity to do some things that have really been driving me crazy, allowed me to clean out some clutter both literally and figuratively. In fact it has got me thinking that I am way too busy. Or maybe busy is the wrong word. {I really hate the word busy. Busy makes me think of busy work and worthless time wasting junk assignments. I don't think anything I am doing is time wasting and worthless.} No, I am  not busy, I am time and project management challenged. I am way too challenged and it is time to learn my lesson.

This was really brought home to me this week when I received an email response from a student actress with whom I had to cancel a fitting due to my incapacitated state. Her response to the news was, "I will pray you get well soon! Get some rest. My mom says 'sometimes we are sick because we are working too hard and the Lord is trying to help us slow down.'"

Yep, time to slow down. But maybe not the blog posts . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers