Thursday, January 02, 2014

Happy New Year!

Already this year is shaping up to be a great one. Yesterday morning my family let me sleep in until 10am. (Yes, 10am! I can't believe I slept that long.) And by 11am we were on our way to surf the day away. It was really crowded but the waves were plentiful and we were at my favorite surf spot: Turtle Bay. We all surfed until we were beat and came home tired and thirsty and hungry and a little pink.

We ended the first day of the New Year watching the Fiesta Bowl, eating homemade gnocchi, getting a surprise visit from my cousin Jenise and her husband and son, and topped it all off catching up on some old episodes of Downton Abbey.

Today I got up bright and early and went on my first run of the New Year. I didn't get too far (because of a minor surfing injury from yesterday) but it was nice to get out into the morning air and witness my favorite sunrise in the world, the fields of Malae'kahana and hills of the Koo'lauloa, with my new running buddy Shaunie.

Next up was tearing through and organizing the boys bedroom, just like I did earlier this week for myself and the girls, followed by some finishing touches on the Kimball house. Brother Kimball returns tonight from his sabbatical. I will still be managing his downstairs apartments for him but once he gets here he will be doing the maintenance, YIPPEE! We did some weeding and raking and sweeping and that was that. Done. No yardwork for us in the foreseeable future.

I just finished ordering our Christmas cards/New Years cards finally. I will have to pick those up from Costco this weekend and hope to get them out by Monday. And now that all the work is done (almost, have to run over to the apartments to check a new girl in) I'm going to head to the beach with my son one last time before school and work begin. Watch out waves here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers