Thursday, January 23, 2014

Big Waves?

I've been hearing about the big waves for days and yesterday morning I was awakened by my phone buzzing an severe weather alert. It told me the waves would be 40 feet on the North Shore! This I had to see. Dave and I made plans to go for a drive at lunch and witness for ourselves the biggest waves in 10 years.

It was a great plan but it didn't go so well. Apparently everyone else had the same idea. The traffic was at a dead stand still by the time we got to Ted's Bakery. We parked the truck on the side of the road and decided to walk out to Sunset Point instead.

Sunset Point is usually a calm beach with lots of sand. Not this time. This is what we found:


Pretty impressive but not all we had been hoping to see. We were really hoping for a little more drama, which we would have gotten had we made it all the way to Shark's Cove and Waimea. Bummer, maybe next time.
The haze over the North Shore is incredible. 


Not waves but it was on the beach and I thought it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers