Saturday, December 28, 2013

What I Did Today

Today I slept in until 9am. I had 4 pieces of 7 layer bar for breakfast. I worked on my puzzle until the girls came stumbling out of their room at 9:40 (The boys and Dave left at 8:30am for a swim meet in town today). We slowly tidied up the front room and cleared off the kitchen counter while talking about miscellaneous and random things. We decided we wanted to sew instead of do dishes, vacuum, put away folded laundry from yesterday and scrub the bathrooms.

At 10:30 or so I went back to my puzzle while the girls rummaged through my fabric stash looking for fabric for a project. They emerged with my favorite pieces of fabric, knits I purchased while in New York. They also brought with them a pattern book, pattern paper, measuring tape, pins and scissors. We spread it all over the kitchen counter and floor.

We resized the patterns. Each girl traced her own size. We cut out the fabric being sure to match up stripes. The girls practiced their pinning and cutting skills. It took a long time. At noon their fingers were sore from being poked and using big scissors so we cleaned it all up and put it away to finish next week. I went back to my puzzle and they got dressed and went to McDonalds to use their Christmas gift cards to buy lunch.

At 12:30 I figured I better shower and get dressed, it's a good thing too because at 1pm I ended up needing to go to the church to practice a song for tomorrow's Church Service. I had to go pick up the key to the building and then had to meet the gal I'm playing for. After practicing a few times I locked up and had some difficulty with the door. On my walk home I stopped by a garage sale and thought about buying a storage shelf for my fabric stash. It was $40. I'm still thinking about it. Returned the keys. While I was walking home Dave called me from town. He stopped at Costco and is buying me a new Microwave. "Bigger one or littler one?" he asked. Bigger one.

There are still dishes to do and laundry to put away and floors to vacuum but, really, those are always there anyways. Time to get back to my puzzle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you relaxed and worked on your puzzle. That's what I did too. It always makes my day to read your blog. Thanks for updating! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and have a fabulous New Years!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers