This semester's play is Blithe Spirit. The cast is small and the costuming is fairly straightforward. It was supposed to be set in the 40's but I wasn't feeling very inspired by the 40's and asked if we could do the 50's instead. I'm glad I did because my students were so excited about the full skirts and the big hair and the red lipstick.
Like I said, the costumes were pretty basic; the majority were found right up in our own costume wardrobes. We had some altering and embellishing to do, accessories of course. I made one dress from scratch and bought a pair of pajamas. My total budget for the play came in under $40. Tomorrow night will be picture night so I should have pictures up sometime on Friday.