Tuesday, October 08, 2013

15 Minutes

Last month my visiting teachers and I were talking about how easy it is to put off scripture reading because you get really into it and then before you know it you have just spent an hour and then the next time you put it off because you don't have an hour to study. Then you put it off for a day and then several days and then by the time you get around to studying again, well then you feel like you have to catch up and, yeah, you get it.

My VT companion, who is an economics professor at the University pointed out that just 15 minutes a day is 90 hours per year. If we just commit to 15 minutes every day we could learn quite a bit in just one year. Well, 15 minutes seemed pretty doable to me and I decided I would put it to the test. I can commit to 15 minutes per day.

I've been doing it for about 2 weeks now and it has been great! I keep a study notebook with me and I keep track of my thoughts and favorite scriptures as I go along as well as cross-references and I know where I was when I pick it up the next day because I wrote it down. I include this writing time in my 15 minutes too.

It has been going so well that I decided to apply it to blogging too. I love blogging and I think about it all the time but I put it off because I get wrapped up in it and spend a lot of time doing it, time I don't have to spend. Today I set my Pampered Chef Kitchen Timer and off I went...15 minutes of typing, revising, editing and  . . . . time's up!

I wonder how much blogging I'll get done by the end of this next year. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers