Friday, May 03, 2013

May Day 2013

Another Amazing May Day program! Nothing like it anywhere else in the world! As usual it was at the PCC and this time the theme was nations of the world. I helped with these costumes for the 2nd graders. I think they were supposed to be Dominican Republic? I'm not really sure. The teacher just came to me and said I want a circle skirt with a ruffle on the bottom and a waistband on the top that velcros shut. I also want a ruffle that can be attached to a tank top. I have this much fabric to do it all in, can you make me a pattern and grade it for these sizes? I did.

Then of course I also helped with the 5th graders. Cora is a 5th grader this year and their country was Scotland. For this one I made patterns for three different styles of kilts. The style depended on the action each group was doing and the amount of fabric they had available for the number of kids they needed to costume. It was more complicated than expected but I got it figured out and they looked great.




This is the ONLY picture I got of Cora. My camera has been acting up and will stall sometimes--very frustrating. She did a great job and was so happy with the performance and the skirt. She says she is going to keep it for Pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers