Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy, Happy Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. My kids made me my favorite breakfast of yogurt, bananas and granola. We went to church where I was surprised with a beautiful lei from my visiting teacher and some delicious brownies from the bishopric. After church Kirkham made me a delicious lunch of grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. I took a long nap, lounged around, talked to my parents and Dave's parents. I ate chocolates that my mom sent. I sniffed roses that Dave bought me. I snuggled up with a blanket and pillow that Afton and Cora made me. And then Heath made us a delicious dinner of Mountain Man Breakfast. A perfect day.

For my mother and mother-in-law I sent some funny little gifts. I thought of it last week as I was looking through some ideas for Girls Camp Crafts. I found a picture of a little felt monster with long, long arms. It didn't have eyes or a face just a round white circle at his forehead. He was cute enough but I thought he would be so cute if he had one big eye like Mike Wozowski in Monsters Inc. and then instead of a mouth a big "I love you this much" embroidered across his face. I thought both ladies would get a giggle out of the silly little guy.

This is what they ended up looking like. They are not very big, the body is about palm size. I like the little ears I put on them. Dave suggested I should have put "Eye love you this much" or "Eye love you, I love you" but oh well, I think it's cute like it is. What do you think about my new love monsters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers