Thursday, April 25, 2013

Proof!

Have you ever heard the quote "If you don't have time to (fill in the blank) you may be busier than God intended you to be."?  Usually the blank is filled with "pray" or "study" or "read scripture" or "serve" or something like that. Basically if you are too busy for Gods work you are too busy, right? I have hated being so busy lately for that very reason. I have felt like I wasn't able to do His work, the work I was sent here to do like take care of my kids, serve my neighbors, blah, blah blah; hence the I Hate Busy post on Monday.

This week I discovered that God reads my blog. I know this because my week miraculously turned from out of control busy to a peaceful, steady stream of work that I could handle and opportunities for me to serve my friends, my family and take care of myself.

Here are three proofs that God reads my blog:

I have been so agitated by the state of my house. It isn't filthy but it hasn't been clean either. While I've been working like crazy the kids have been mainly in charge of the household maintenance and, well, you know what happens when you put a 16, 14,12 and 9 year old in charge of everything in the house . . . lets just say there were a lot of dust bunnies and odor masking devices in use here.

Proof #1--Because of the pestilence that befell my youngest daughters head I was forced to clean every square inch of everything in the girls room, and you know what happens when you start in one room! Yep, it carries over into other rooms. My room got thoroughly dusted and cleaned and mopped and wiped. The boys room got organized (still some cleaning to do). The laundry room got cleaned. The couches and the backroom and the sewing room and JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING got cleaned, scrubbed, vacuumed, disinfected. And anything that isn't perfected yet will be soon because it is sticking out like a sore thumb now.

It seems it has been quite some time since I have had free time. I mean real, unplanned, free-time. Nothing has been spontaneous. Every minute has been planned. I haven't had much time to hang out with Dave or the  kids and just enjoy them. I haven't been able to have a decent conversation with anyone.

Proof #2--Again, because of the pestilence AND Dave's bad jetlag/cold on Tuesday I had to cancel a bridesmaids dress consultation on Tuesday night. This gave me an extra hour in my day that I didn't think I would have. Of course that hour was eaten up in the cleaning I was doing but still I was cleaning! Something I desperately needed to do but hadn't made the time for. I was dead tired Tuesday night after cleaning straight through BUT I didn't feel one bit guilty about taking off for a couple of hours Wednesday morning to surf with Cora. She couldn't go to school because of the Uku's and I needed a break from cleaning. We had such a fun time together. When the big kids got home from school she bragged and made them all jealous. She was in heaven.

Proof #3--On Wednesday morning and afternoon (before and after surfing; it was perfect when we were out) it rained Papayas and Ulu's. I was supposed to take the Young Women on a hike for their summer camp certifcation but the trails were just too treacherous in such conditions. I had to cancel the hike. That evening I had another appointment cancel, this time the client was ill. Within 2 hours of getting home from spending some quality time with my Cora I had four more hours in my day freed up. A miracle, yes, A miracle! I had more time for the cleaning, I time to help the kids with homework, I had time to make a delicious dinner, I had time to snuggle up with Dave, I had time to have a long conversation with my kiddos, I had TIME! And this morning before heading into work I had time to bake bread, make cookie dough and blog.


Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy path for good."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers