Friday, March 15, 2013

Sick Again

I don't usually get sick very often. Maybe once a year. Even then I'm rarely sick enough to stay in bed for more than an extra hour. It seems this year is an exception. I was sick last month and this week I am sick again. Achey, sore throat, sneezing and coughing, so very, very tired. And my head is killing me.

I stayed in bed until 10:30 this morning. Unable to sleep any more but not energetic enough to do much I wandered into the back room and turned on a stupid movie on Netflix and pulled out a simple sewing project. By 2:30 I'd had my fill and decided I better shower before the kids got home from school. Isn't it queer that a shower can be so draining when you're sick? I got myself dressed and my hair half dried and I had to go lay down for 20 minutes.

At 3:30 one of my sewing clients showed up for a fitting. I am altering two dresses for her. One is a prom dress and the other is a bridesmaids dress. She wanted shoulder coverings to make the strapless gowns more modest and one of the dresses needed the hem taken up 3 inches. When they left I crawled back in bed.

As I was lying there in bed Kirkham came in to check on me. He asked why I get so many headaches. Wouldn't that be nice to know? I clarified that I had a bad cold not one of my usual headaches. He replied, "Another cold?! Why have you been getting sick so much?"

"That's a good question." I said, "I'd like to know the answer too. I guess my immune system is low. Maybe I'm not eating healthy enough."

He quickly replied as he walked out, "I bet it's all those old dusty costumes you're working with."

I think he may be on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers