Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Young Man's First Suit

Here's Heath! Last week he purchased his first suit to wear to prom. He decided he'd rather spend his hard earned $250 on a new suit rather than waste $100 on a one night tux rental. Smart kid. He plans to wear his new suit to church on a regular basis and he's hoping that he'll be able to wear it on his mission. He will be heading out for that in about a year.




This is him at home before alterations. We intentionally bought this suit just slightly too big so he had room to grow into it a bit. We measured him for a 40, which would have fit him like a glove. We bought him a 42 Regular, which still fit him beautifully. The length was perfect, the sleeves were perfect, only the body of the suit needed to come in. I took that in through the center back seam.The slacks didn't need much work either. I took in the waist 4 inches and tapered that through the seat. I hemmed the slacks with a basic, handstitched tapered hem.

The suit was purchased from Nordstrom's Rack and was on clearance. It is a Steel Grey Calvin Klein.






The details: He purchased the shirt and tie also from Nordstroms Rack. I made him this beautiful vest  to match his date's dark pink sequined dress. The vest has a full back, is fully lined and has hand made covered buttons. His very favorite part of the whole ensemble though was his pink pocket square, also made by me.


To see more pics of prom dresses I worked on this week take a look at my Sew Laie blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers