Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Never Fail Pie Crust


Dave got home from his business trip to Utah today. To welcome him home we made him a delicious Lemon Meringue Pie with a Never Fail Pie Crust. It made me very happy to be using fresh lemons from the tree in our yard.

We were having a few people over for dinner and so I made two pies and just as I was ready to transfer the crusts into the pie plates I remembered that I only had one pie plate. One of the glass plates broke a few months ago. I had to be creative and used a small glass casserole dish (7.5x11 I think). It worked out ok and the kids thought it was pretty cool to have a rectangular pie.

Never Fail Pie Crust
In a bowl combine:
4 cups flour
1 T sugar
2 t salt

cut in:
1 3/4 c shortening

add and combine but do not overmix:
1/2 c water
1 T vinegar
1 egg

Divide into two balls. Roll each ball out into a 13" circle. Transfer to pie plate. Makes two crusts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers