Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Kirkham's Talk

Brothers and Sisters, Aloha!

Today I will be talking about doing service in the church by talking about being faithful in your callings. Being faithful in your calling means to do your duties described in your callings.

My calling in the priesthood is a Teacher. I prepare the sacrament and help the deacons with their job if they're unable to do it. Deacons pass the sacrament and collect fast offerings. Priests break and bless the sacrament and go to members’ homes that can’t come to church and give them the sacrament.

When I first became a deacon I wanted to try my best to be worthy to do my priesthood duties whenever I could. But there were some days I didn’t want to. My parents would always convince me I had to, or as my mom would say “I get to”. Now that I’m a teacher I have even more responsibilities my parents don’t have to “Convince” as much.

St. John chapter 15 verse 16 says, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” Sometimes we might have trouble wanting to serve. We need to remember the Lord has chosen us and whatever we need he will provide. It is also helpful to go to church, pray,read your scriptures and repent as we prepare to serve. I'm glad I get to serve the Lord and our ward as I prepare the sacrament each week.

I believe this church is true and that Jesus was resurrected from the dead, that Joseph Smith restored the fullness of the gospel, that Thomas S. Monson is the true and living prophet and that we can live in heaven with our eternal families after death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers