Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Cora's Talk

Brothers and Sisters, Aloha!
Today I will be talking about missionary work. In Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16 it says: “And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people and bring, save it be one soul unto me how great will be your joy with him in the kingdom of my father! And now if your joy will be great with one my soul…how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!”

One thing we can do to be a missionary is bring friends that aren’t Mormon with you to church. When we lived in Washington my sister had a friend whose family wasn’t Mormon. One day she asked her friend if she would like to go to church with her. Her friend asked her parents if she could go, her parents said” yes”. The next Sunday we picked her up, she was in her best dress.

We continued to pick her up every Sunday for several months. Then one day she said she wanted to talk to the missionaries. Soon she got baptized. We were so happy for her and glad that we had invited her to church. I would like to bare my testimony that I know this church is true and that I know we can all be missionaries now. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers