Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Afton's Talk

Brothers and Sisters, Aloha!

Today I will be speaking on service. I will speak on the service we do in the temple. For the longest time my parents have gone to the temple every month. Since we have moved here, now they try to go once a week. They have been a good example to me and I have always wanted to go to the temple like them.

Just last week I was able to go to the temple for the first time and do baptisms for the dead. It was a wonderful experience. I did five names.

In 1 Peter 4:6 it says “For, for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead: that they might be judged according to men in the flesh but live according to God in the spirit.” This tells us that we can bring the blessings of the Gospel to our family and others who have passed by doing proxy temple work.

To be able to go into the temple you must have a temple recommend you must follow some rules set for us: no drinking alcoholic beverages and don’t do drugs. Those are some major things. Some minor things are not fighting and being kind to your neighbor. These are all pretty easy for me.

I bear my testimony that I know this church is true and that doing temple service can help many people. I know President Monson is a true prophet of God. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers