The Blessing Dress is done and is on it's way to South Carolina as I type. Sweet little Elianna was born just this past week and is anxiously awaiting her first fancy gown.
I made the pattern based on a picture Dacia sent me. It was a fairly simple pattern to make and dress to sew together. Unfortunately the first time I made it I screwed it up. I had just finished stitching the sleeves and skirt to the bodice and was pressing the bodice when I realized that the fusible interfacing was bubbling. Yikes! My heat had been too high. So I had to unpick the sleeves and skirt and recut and resew the little bodice.
It was a stupid mistake for two reasons. I shouldn't have had the heat up so high and I shouldn't have used fusible interfacing on satin. The second bodice I didn't use the fusible.
Overall I am very happy with the dress. I love making blessing dresses because they are generally small and quick and they are always so beautiful. Thank you sister for asking me to make this for you. I love you!