Friday, June 15, 2012

Physical Therapy

My hip is doing a lot better.  I can walk around just fine.  I can walk fast and for long distances without much discomfort.  I can balance on one leg again which means I don't have to sit down to get dressed. I can slide out of my car (big truck) and land on my left foot without hurting as long as I do it carefully. 

I can do most of my exercising without altering the workout which means I am back to doing squats, weighted squats, lunges, kettlebell swings, burpees, push ups, planks, power cleans, dead lifts and more; none of which I could do right after the injury.  I can even do a few jump ropes if I put most my weight on the right foot.

But I still can't run.  The other day I decided to try a slow jog to catch up with some friends and I hurt for the rest of the day. It was only 100 yards or so. It is really frustrating.

Last week I FINALLY got to see the physical therapist and now I've been doing these exercises for a week as directed. It isn't hard to do and isn't painful and I kinda wonder if it is even helping. But I will continue to do them because I really want to be able to run again--at least to be able to catch up with my friends, or my kids, or to run away from a tsunami.

Next week I have another appointment with the therapist and I'm supposed to bring my running shoes.  He wants me to do some running on the treadmill. I don't know how long I'll be able to do that but I have high hopes.















1 comment:

  1. My many experiences with PT is that it doesn't always seem like its helping when you're doing the exercises they tell.you to do... But it is. I truly believe in PT. Good job Dani! They might also be abke to tell you if you're running form is off, causing more pain. Never hurts to have your running form looked at. :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers