Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Report

Friday Dave ended up taking Cora into town for her orthodontist appointment because I was working.  They decided to make a date of it and spent some time at Costco browsing and then on the way home went out to dinner together at Kua'aina burgers in Hale'iwa. Cora came home so excited; she had been asking for a daddy-daughter date for awhile and she was so happy to get some one on one time with her daddy.

Saturday Dave (and Heath and Kirkham) started his day by painting Herculiner into the bed of his truck.  Herculiner is a do-it-yourself Rhinoliner type application that Dave received for Christmas.  This will help protect the bed of the truck from rusting and protect our gear as well.  He and the boys had a great time working together and are so proud of the great looking truck bed.  As with any paint job though it leaves us wanting to make other changes.  In a few weeks the new tires and wheels we ordered a while back should be in, hopefully that will saitsfy our urges for improvement.

After putting a final coat on the truck bed Dave and I took a drive into town to see a man about a motorcycle.  Yep, a motorcycle. It was a good looking black and blue 1991 BMW K75 for a really good price. When we got there we found out why.  Not only was there a problem with the front wheel (which we were told about before we drove over) but there were a few other problems including some mysterious leaks, NO oil in the engine reservoir, and VERY high mileage and a broken odometer.  We decided to pass for now but are seriously looking at either a couple of scooters or a motorcycle in the near future (near meaning within the next year?).

On our way home we stopped at the Pali lookout for the first time and were nearly blown off the edge.  It was beautiful and I was so disappointed to discover I had forgotten to put my battery back into my camera after charging it earlier in the week.  No pictures this time.

Sunday I stayed home from church with the girls.  They were both feeling sick: tired, hot/cold, feverish, lethargic. We watched three movies: Cheaper by the Dozen, Ever After, and Madeleine.  I also made some Blender Wheat Bread, a Lemon Meringue Pie, a Banana Cream Pie, and a Tri tip dinner.  It was a busy and delicious day!

I got a call late afternoon on Sunday for a sub job today. Kindergarten again. I was a little hesitant to take the job because I was worried about the girls and if they'd still be sick tomorrow.  Dave said that he'd take the time off, if need be, as a sick day.  He's got plenty of sick days and I've only got 24 more days of potential work before school gets out for the summer.  We need as many of those as we can get.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Cora got her wish, even if it did include a trip to the ortho! I remember the pali lookout. When I was growing up it seemed like the worst place in the world and I hated it so much! I am not really afraid of heights, but I was always terrified of being blown over the edge (my parents telling me horror stories of cars being blown off didn't help!). And it seemed like we had to go there all the time. In reality, it was probably only a few times a year, but every time was so traumatizing for me that it felt like it happened more often. I'm happy to hear that you survived it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers