Monday, April 16, 2012

Back to Reality

I really should have made better use of my weekend. I spent most of the day Saturday playing and most of the day Sunday relaxing with the family.  Now, here it is Sunday night, 10pm and I just got a call to sub in the morning and I realize that my laundry is overflowing and my sink is full and my bathrooms need a good scrubbing and . . . you get the idea.

I suppose the least I can do before going to bed is throw in a load of whites and first thing in the morning before my workout I'll transfer those to the dryer.  At least then the family will have some clean underwear and socks to wear under their dirty shorts and shirts.

I suppose I better have a list of to-do's ready to go for the kids tomorrow so we can bust out of this mess and enjoy the rest of our week.

The kids chores Monday:
Afton-Dishes: put away clean dishes in drying rack and wash dishes in sink.
Heath-Bathrooms: scrub mirrors, counters, sinks, toilets.  Empty trash, sweep floors and place fresh hand towels.
Kirkham-Sweep and steam mop all tile. Vacuum carpet and stairs.
Cora-Empty Garbages and Recycling in Kitchen. Help mom fold and put away laundry.

Everyone will also change their sheets, put away their own laundry and make sure their room is clean and swept. Oh, and don't forget your homework!

My chores Monday:
laundry
general tidy of house
change my sheets
clean my room
plan menu
make dinner
write shopping list
double check new bill pay and make sure everything worked properly
bank deposit
make a rotating chore chart for the kids
make a rotating family home evening chart for the family
plan family home evening for tonight
oversee kids chores
help with homework
(teeny tiny after school nap?)

I know there's more I'm forgetting but now I really need my sleep.  Tomorrow is another busy day with Kindergarteners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers