Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Movie Day

I hate when my kids come home and tell me they watched movies in class.  It really annoys me and I think it is a waste of my child's academic time when they watch movies in school.

Today, however, I am so thankful to the teacher I am substituting for who gave me a movie to show the students. Hurray! I have been with this class for 6 days now.  We have worked hard on reviewing and test prep.  The students took their end of quarter tests.  I passed out their last ditch opportunity missing assignments lists today. Quarter ends on Thursday and then we've got Spring Break. But it's not because of all the "hard work" we've done that I was excited about the movie.  It is because I am exhausted.

Dave has been out of town for a week and got home last night.  He was supposed to be home by about 11:30pm.  When I woke up at 1am and he still wasn't home I got really worried.  Turned out that due to the bad storm we've been having his flight was rerouted to Maui where they had to refuel and then could continue to Oahu. It was 2am before he got home and by that time I was wide awake with worry. Of course he was fine and tired and fell right asleep. I did not.

When my alarm rang at 5am telling me it was time to exercise I sat up for a minute, got a little dizzy and decided it was probably in my best interest to have more than 4 hours of sleep under my belt (2 hours before Dave got home and 2 hours after) before attempting today's workout: Turkish Get Ups. I went back to bed hoping an extra hour would make all the difference. It helped but not enough.

This afternoon I am thankful for naps, I am thankful Dave is home safe, and I am thankful for "Nacho Libre" and an occasional movie day at school. I couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

  1. Is Nacho Libre the movie they saw in class?? I saw that movie in Idaho when it first came out and I'm pretty sure I lost a few brain cells in the experience! I can understand what you mean about getting frustrated when teachers show movies in class, though. Dan's 3rd grade teacher did it all the time (even rated PG) without ever telling the parents first. I complained to the principal several times but it never got any better. My kids are not allowed to have that teacher in the future (says me!). That being said, maybe we ought to give teachers a break once in a while since they are people with lives that probably aren't perfect, and heck, if I can occasionally get sick of my own kids whining at me all day, I suppose it might stand to reason that even a good teacher can have a bad day once in a while. I'm glad you got to take the break, and I sure hope things improve weather-wise, so you can get back to doing the things you love to do. Oh, and Happy Birthday to the old man!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers