Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Birthday DAVE

After a crazy busy week I think the best birthday present Dave got this weekend was the opportunity to sleep in and then to read a book. We spent some of the day helping neighbors clean up from Friday's flood but still had time to go into Kaneohe to do some Birthday window shopping--he's still debating which fishing set up to get.

At his request we had a shrimp fest for dinner with homemade coconut shrimp and garlic shrimp.  We also had a Caesar salad and garlic home fries.  Also at Dave's request his birthday cake was Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (using that cream cheese I bought on sale). This was the first time I had ever made red velvet anything and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  I used the recipe from the Cooks Illustrated Baking cookbook.  There was one thing about the recipe that bothered me however.  Next time I will NOT make a paste of the red food coloring and cocoa powder, it just made a horrible lumpy mess that took me forever to remedy which in turn caused me to overmix my cake batter.  Next time the cocoa powder will go into the dry ingredients and the food coloring in with the wet ingredients.

For his birthday he got some money, a new Aloha shirt, some new shorts, a sherpa hoodie, some dried mangos and a case of Aloha Maid drinks.

Happy Birthday Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers