Thursday, March 01, 2012

Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Cookies

I didn't bake a cake today but I did make cookies.  Chocolate No-bake cookies.  No-bakes have been a personal favorite for years. When I make a batch only about half ever end up in cookie form and even fewer make it to any other mouth but mine.  I find them irresistible. In their presence I lose all reason and all self-control.  Today, however, I have no choice I must be strong and deny my aching tastebuds.  These cookies are for Kirkham and his friends.  Tomorrow night he is having a movie party and I promised him cookies and popcorn.

I did have to taste test one though (OK, two.  and yes I licked out the bowl and the spoon) because I was using a new recipe.  It was almost exactly like my old recipe but with a little twist: coconut--and you didn't think these things could get any better.

Here's the recipe from my friend Lois' website

Chocolate Coconut No Bake Cookies
2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. (one stick) butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 c. milk

Bring to a boil the sugar, margarine, milk, chocolate, and vanilla.
Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Mix and drop from spoon onto waxed paper covered cookie sheet. 
Chill for as long as you can wait. Eat.


Please tell me that coconut somehow makes these just a tiny bit more nutritious, please!

OK, so these never quite set up properly but they were still delicious and the friends loved them.  I've gotta cross reference this to my regular recipe and see what is different.  I think my regular recipe has peanut butter. Hmmm . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers