Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Cucumber Salad

My neighbor gave me 6 long cucumbers the other day and I've been trying to figure out what to do with them.  The boys want to try pickling them using Alton Brown's bread and butter pickles recipe.  I don't have all the ingredients and don't have the time to go shopping until Friday.  Hopefully the cucumbers will hold until then.

In the mean time I decided to try making a simple cucumber salad for tonight. This is what I did:
Peel:
     one long cucumber and slice diagonally into 1/4" slices
Toss with:
     2 T rice wine vinegar
     2 T fresh basil, minced
     fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.

I'm quite pleased with the bit I taste tested; fresh, cool and crisp. I'll serve it with Tri-Tip (Dave's special recipe), toasted garlic bread and some sliced papaya.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. This is something I've seen a lot in the south... They slice onions & cucumbers and toss it in a simple pickle (some kind of vinegar, seasonings, salt & a little sugar) its especially delicious on a hot day, something we have a lot around here.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers