Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Busy Doing


I just finished reading A Day No Pigs Would Die last week along with it's sequel,  A Part of the Sky.  Good books both. This is my favorite quote from the pair:


"Need is a weak word. Has nothing to do with what people get. Ain't what you need that matters. It's what you do." 
(Robert Peck, A Day No Pigs Would Die )



There seems to be a never ending supply of needs no matter where we live or what we make. It's a hard lesson for the kids to learn but harder I think for Dave and I. We wish we could get everything right when we need it. At the same time, however, it is interesting to see that the longer we go without something the longer we CAN go without it. 


In the mean time we keep doing our best because we know it is what we do, not what we have, that counts.
__________________________________________________




Last week I worked 4 out of 5 days.  One of those days I subbed for Cora's teacher.  Cora was on cloud nine; so excited. 


I haven't worked yet this week but I do have jobs for both Wednesday and Thursday set up.  It is kinda nice that I haven't worked, however, because we have our first house-guests this week: Ladd and Peggy! Yep, Dave's parents are in town for almost 2 weeks.  We are so glad to have them here.  We have missed them so much.




1 comment:

  1. You need a "like" button! Have fun with your family! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers