Friday, December 02, 2011

Pinky

Went to the plastic surgeon yesterday to show him my pinky.  He says:

  • it looks good, is healing properly and won't require any grafts.
  • within 3-4 weeks I should have fresh pink skin covering the tip again.
  • most of my feeling and nerve function should be back to normal within 6-12 months.
  • I will likely always have a flat tipped pinky and it may have some numbness ongoing but that it shouldn't affect my ability to type or play piano long term.

Cool!

In the meantime it doesn't hurt as much as it did last week--it only hurts when I use it now instead of all the time.  I've been surfing twice this week and though the waterproof tape was a little annoying the salt water and the bumping against the board weren't a problem.

1 comment:

  1. There's (almost) nothing as annoying as ongoing nerve pain. I'm so glad it's getting better!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers