Friday, November 11, 2011

A Pain in the Veterans Day

I was all geared up for a great Veterans Day.  Two kids had morning parties to attend and then we'd go out and spend the rest of the day at the beach. What better way to honor our soldiers past and present than to revel in the freedom they have provided.

That's what I thought would happen. But then I decided to make chicken salad for lunch instead of PBJ's.

And then I decided to put some diced celery in my chicken salad.  And then, while slicing the celery my hand slipped and my pinky slid right under the fall of my brand new blade.  I got a whole set of new knives from the kids for my birthday. Kirkham was with me when I got chopped and is suffering from some buyers remorse.

Instead of a trip to the beach I got a trip to the emergency clinic. And a few shots in my finger.  And the whole tip cauterized. And a big 'ole bandage on my pinky.

It's pretty gnarly to see the entire tip of your pinky gone and blackened. And even more heinous to be told I can't surf until it is healed.  I'm really bummed.

I guess that's what I get for bragging about other past injuries. What a pain!

1 comment:

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers