Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween Report and My Birthday

Halloween is crazy here. Everyone dresses up, even the parents and grandparents. Everyone sits on their front porch or under an "easy corner" (a pop-up picnic/soccer game tent) that has been decorated elaborately while the children and their parents fill--literally--the streets. I felt like I was at Mardi Gras without so much bare skin.  My kids actually got tired of trick or treating deciding that their half full pillowcase of candy was sufficient. We only walked a couple streets!
A Vampire

A Nerf Warrior

A lifeguard

The mummy of Cleopatra
 I got this package in the mail the other day:


I laughed and laughed because the note is so true.  I was so excited to get 100 2mm poly BREAD bags from my friend Lisa in Lakewood!  Thank you Lisa! You are the greatest.

My birthday today was great.  My kids all sang and wished me happy birthday first thing in the morning.  My exercise group was cancelled.

I did feel guilty as I walked home from finding out that group was cancelled, knowing that I had made a goal of participating 5 days a week in my exercise regimen.  I have been at it for nearly 7 weeks now and didn't want to ruin it all today.  Besides, though I still HATE exercise I am starting to feel and see the positive effects it is having on me.  I decided to go for a run/walk on my own.  I ran most of 2 miles.  It was raining hard and that felt really good.

After that I came home and did my housework.  Can't have a happy birthday in a messy house.

I went to the BYU Devotional with Dave just before lunch and then came home and spent the rest of my day happily baking bread, banana bread and making cookie dough.

When the kids got home from school I put them to work on their homework and chores and then we headed out to do some surfing.  Heath wasn't with us (he had a Marching Band competition at the Aloha Bowl today) so we decided to try out Kahana Bay, a great beginners spot for the kids.  I had heard reports that it was breaking earlier in the day but by the time we got there the waves weren't so great.  We spent about 1/2 hour there and caught a few small rollers but I wanted something more.  Since it was my birthday the kids kindly obliged and we headed up the Kam highway to Castles.  The waves were better there and I caught a few nice rides.

I had a nice birthday.

2 comments:

  1. where did she get those bread bags? happy birthday by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenice, Lisa says she got them from pleasanthillgrain.com and they are the XL size. I love them! They are nice and thick and will be able to be reused many times.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers