Friday, October 14, 2011

Kool-Aid Sale!

Cora and her best buddy, Nathan, came home from school yesterday wanting to set up a Kool-Aid stand. After finishing their homework they cut a deal with me. They agreed to pay me $1.50 for each gallon of Kool-Aid they made using my Kool-Aid mix, sugar, ice and water.  With each gallon I also provided them with 16 plastic cups, I "rented" them space in my driveway and the use of my table, chairs and pitcher.  I agreed to "loan" them the $1.50, allowing them to pay me after they sold their first gallons worth of drink.

They decided to re-use the sign they (and Kirkham) had made a few months ago, the last time they had a drink sale. The table and chairs were already in the garage a few feet from their desired location. They quickly mixed up the first batch and in a few minutes time they were open for business.
Nathan, Cora and the neighbor kids (customer #8 and #9)
Cora serving another neighbor.
Very happy customers.  They came back a few times for more Kool-Aid.
After they sold out of their first gallon of Kool-Aid they paid their debt to me and then purchased another gallon of Kool-Aid and more cups. Unfortunately before they could sell out their second gallon we had a sudden downpour and had to clear out the stand in a hurry.  Even with that second gallon only half sold each of them walked away with $5.38 in their pocket, PROFIT! Pretty good money for an hour's work/fun.

Nate wants to add cookies and cinnamon rolls to the stand next time.

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable! You are the best mom ever for showing them the costs as well! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers