Thursday, August 25, 2011

Menu and Shopping list 8/24/2011

This week I am taking a substitute certification class in town and will not be home for dinner except on Saturday and Sunday.  This means this week has to be Dave and kid friendly.  We'll make up for nutrition next week. Here's the plan:

Wednesday-Teriyaki Beef and Fried Rice, Watermelon
Thursday-Breakfast burritos
Friday-Frozen Pizzas
Saturday-BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw, Rice Pilaf
Sunday-Crepes
Monday-Macaroni and Cheese, mixed veggies
Tuesday-Bean and Cheese Burritos, Strawberry smoothies
Wednesday-Chicken Nuggets, Home Fries, Carrot Sticks and dip

Tamura's
1 20# bag rice $10.99
4 Spam $2.29 = $9.20
1 Foster Farms Chicken Nuggets, 2# $4.29
2 Hawaiian Portuguese Sausage .79 =$1.60
4 Bar-S Hot dogs .89 - $1 printable coupon = $1.70
1 Potatoes, 10# bag $4.69 = $4.69
2 Oscar Mayer Bologna $2.39 = $4.80
4 Canned Coconut Milk 4/$5 = $5
6 Imperial Margarine .99 = $6
4 Tony's Frozen Pizza .99 = $4
2 Colgate Toothbrush .69 = $1.40
2 Herdez Tomatillo Salsa $2.19 = $4.40
5# Fuji Apples $1.09/lb = $5.50
2 gallons milk $5 = $10
$74.20

Cackle Fresh Egg Outlet
1 tray (30) eggs $4
fresh local produce as is available

Since I am going into town this week I will be stopping in at Costco to stock up on a few things that are generally cheaper at Costco than at my local stores.  Here's what I'm getting:

Cheerios 4.99
Shredded Wheat $5
Frosted Flakes $6.89
Tortillas $6.49
mayo $7.29
peanut butter $8.79
bananas $2.50
grapes $6
cheddar cheese $8
butter $10
mozzarella $10
Bread Flour $8.89
Sugar $6.80
Total $95

This is way over weekly budget but I won't be shopping at Costco for another 3 weeks--it'll all even out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani,
    I totally have been gone from blogland for a couple of months. Yesterday I decided to get caught up on some blog reading and totally wanted to see what and the family have bee up to. I must have read 20 posts...anyways, you've had some on your menu and shopping list and food storage and such. Last night I dreamt that I got a grocery store flyer (from Hawaii) in the mail and there were two huge pages of buy one get one free canned goods. I was SO excited and I was trying to think of a way to let you know about it! I was hoping it would help you build your reserve quicker. Silly dream I know- but thought you might get a kick out of it.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers