Friday, June 17, 2011

The Miracle of the Suburban

I have been fretting and worrying about selling my suburban for a long time. Usually Dave does the car selling I do the sales price approving. This time I had to do it all by myself. It is an old vehicle with both aesthetic and mechanical problems. I have been watching Craigslist to try to figure out how to price it and to see how long suburbans are on the market. Once I finished the house I knew it was time to clean up the suburban and put it up for sale. I was pretty sick to my stomach with worry that it was going to take forever. The average suburban, it seems, is sitting on Craigslist for 3-4 weeks.

Midnight Tuesday I listed my Suburban on Craigslist. I priced it for what I thought was a reasonable asking price knowing that if I priced it too high it would sit too long and if I priced it too low people would assume it was in terrible condition. I was also super honest in my ad detailing everything I knew was wrong with it, right down to the rust patch on the roof.

Wednesday afternoon someone came to look at it and went home thinking.  I went home and posted my Craigslist ad on Facebook. Within 30 minutes I had another call on the suburban and within 90 minutes they agreed to purchase it full price. The next morning I had 2 more full price offers (one was the guy that went home thinking about it), 4 offers ranging from $1300-$1800 and 3 more inquiries. Once again I am shocked and amazed. You may recall the same thing happened with Dave's BMW, and his motorcycle.

With all the things I have had to get done over the past month and the armful of things I still have left to complete in the next 11 days I feel so blessed that the suburban sold so fast. In an economy like this with no one buying anything and gas prices dancing around $4 per gallon a quick sale on a suburban is nothing short of a miracle. One more tick off my list.
Bye, Bye, 'burban!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers