Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Miracle of the Strawberries

One of the things that I was the most sad about leaving behind as I move (besides family and friends) is my garden.  I was sad that I would not be able to reap the rewards of my years of work.  I was sad I would not be able to enjoy my strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pears, plums, apples, peaches, cherries or grapes in this fourth year of harvest.  The fourth year is generally the first year that a decent crop is grown.

What happened: In the past week I have picked over 4 pounds of berries from my patch.  Two of those pounds were picked yesterday.
Why it is a miracle:  I don't know anyone who is getting any strawberries yet. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to enjoy a little something from my strawberry patch before leaving.  It is like a good-bye gift from my garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers