Monday, May 30, 2011

Easter Dresses

Easter is long gone but these dresses will be around for a while. As usual the girls gave me sketches and I did my best to fulfill their desires.  The goals were to make dresses that they could wear here and in Hawaii and to use some of the vintage fabric from my stash that I couldn't part with. I think they turned out pretty good.
Cora's dress and matching head band.  Both are reversible. The blue side is her favorite side; it is a great contrast with her blonde hair and brings out her blue eyes.
The other side of her reversible dress matches the other side of her reversible headband. This fabric was one of the pieces from the vintage collection of fabric that I liquidated.  I only held on to a few favorite pieces. The print has sea turtles on it.

A close up of her headband.  The rosette snaps on and off.

The pink side of Afton's reversible dress and matching headband. This cotton material was purchased at JoAnn's from the quilting department.  It was super cheap, easy to work with and washes and wears.  Cora's blue side was also made of the same type of fabric.
I caught Afton snoozing in her super cute "other" side of her dress.  This print is also from the vintage collection of fabrics.  This piece was a misprint and along the bottom the print was discolored in a straight line.  I added the ruffle to cover the spot and was so pleased with how it turned out. I love this print and so does Afton, this is her favorite side of the dress.
Wake up sweet Afton!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers