Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Shopping Report and Menu, 3/30/11

Now that I am moving and trying to eat up all the food storage in my house--it will be too pricey to move it--instead of listing best prices every week I will be reporting on what I had to purchase to supplement my food storage each week. I plan on tracking my savings--the difference between my grocery budget and actual expenditure--and spending it once I get to Hawaii to rebuild what I can of my food storage. My kids, however, are scheming to use the savings to buy surfboards.

This week I purchased:
3 gallons of milk, bananas, apples, oranges, pineapples, mangoes, romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, cilantro, limes, lemons, yogurt, apple juice, sunny D and eggs.

For a grand total of $37

Subtracting my $37 spent from my $60 budgeted leaves me with $23 this week to add to my food storage savings/surfboard account for a total of $166.10. Seems like this is taking forever to add up to a decent amount.  It's a good thing I am also setting aside the money I am making off of all the stuff I'm selling too.

This week's food storage depletion menu:
Remember these are all going to be made with things already in my pantry or freezers when at all possible.
Wednesday: Pasta al Fresco, green beans, Kris' Raspberry spinach salad
Thursday: Peanut Chicken and noodles, cabbage salad, broccoli
Friday: Pizza Night-build your own pizza
Saturday: Soup, Salad and fresh bread with honey butter
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner-Cheesy Fritatas
Monday: Glazed Salmon, Rice Pilaf, Caesar Salad
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday- Taco Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers