Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Shopping Report and Menu, 3/23/11

Now that I am moving and trying to eat up all the food storage in my house--will be too pricey to move it--instead of listing best prices every week I will be reporting on what I had to purchase to supplement my food storage each week. I plan on tracking my savings--the difference between my grocery budget and actual expenditure--and spending it once I get to Hawaii to rebuild what I can of my food storage. My kids, however, are scheming to use the savings to buy surfboards.

This week I purchased:
2 gallons of milk $5
2 bags of tortilla chips $3.60

For a grand total of $8.60

Subtracting my $8.60 spent from my $60 budgeted leaves me with $51.40 to add to my food storage/savings/surfboard account for a total of $143.10. Seems like this is taking forever to add up to a decent amount.  It's a good thing I am also setting aside the money I am making off of all the stuff I'm selling too.

This week's food storage depletion menu:
remember these are all going to be made with things already in my pantry or freezers when at all possible.
Wednesday: We had dinner with grandma on Sunday and thus forfeited our breakfast for dinner.  The kids have been begging for crepes ever since.  Tonight we have crepes!!
Thursday: Oven Fried Chicken, Au gratin potatoes, green beans, Arugula and apple salad
Friday: Pizza Night-BBQ chicken pizza
Saturday: Macaroni and Cheese, peas and salad
Sunday: Waffles and berries
Monday: Soup, Salad and Breadsticks
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday-Chicken and black bean soup (watch for the recipe next Tuesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers