Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Shopping report and Menu 3/2/2011

Now that I am moving and trying to eat up all the food storage in my house--will be too pricey to move it--instead of listing best prices every week I will be reporting on what I had to purchase to supplement my food storage each week. I plan on tracking my savings--the difference between my grocery budget and actual expenditure--and spending it once I get to Hawaii to rebuild what I can of my food storage.  My kids, however, are scheming to use the savings to buy surfboards.

This week I purchased:
I shopped at both Albertsons and Costco
25 lbs of flour $8
4 Lbs of bananas $1.60
mozzarella cheese $10
2 gallons of milk $3.98
yogurt $5
8 lbs apples $5.40

Grand total $34
This week I add $26 to my Hawaii food storage/savings/surfboard account for a total of  $124.16.


There are some good deals in this weeks ads that I will not be passing up.  It has been several weeks since we've had cold cereal and it is on sale at Albertson's this week.  At Saar's they have pineapple on sale.  The kids have been asking for pineapple and I've been promising I'd get it when it was on sale so I will go there and pick up at least one.  I'm also going to need some milk and some salad makings. Here are the deals this week:
Saars--$10

  • Oranges 37cents/lb
  • pineapple $1.88 ea with coupon
  • apples 48cents/lb
  • cheddar cheese, 2lb, $3.99 ea with coupon
Albertsons--$8
  • 14 oz cheerios $1.49 ea -$1/2 manufacturer coupon (SS 1/30)
  • 16 oz Quaker oatmeal squares $1.49 ea- $1 manufacturer coupon (SS 1/30)
  • 18 oz Rice Krispies $1.99 ea -$1/3 manufacturer coupon (RP 3/06)

This week's food storage depletion menu:
remember these are all going to be made with things already in my pantry or freezers when at all possible.
WednesdayChicken Pasta Salad, garlic breadsticks
Thursday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, saladFriday: Pizza Night-Hawaiian and Cheese
Saturday:  Clam Chowder, Sourdough Bread, Salad
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner: Mountain Man breakfast
Monday: Hawaiian Haystacks
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday--Hard shell beef tacos with all the trimmings

2 comments:

  1. WoW Dani....102 gallons of milk??? You are amazing. Folks in your house must REALLY love their milk. Enjoy those cheap prices on milk....I KNOW Hawaii has super expensive milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going to do hawaiian dinners you should add the island favorite which is the Loco Moco. It's hambuger patties on top of a bed of rice with gravy over the top of the whole thing or my husbands personal favorite instead of gravy you could put chili.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers