Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shopping Report and Menu 3/16/11

Now that I am moving and trying to eat up all the food storage in my house--will be too pricey to move it--instead of listing best prices every week I will be reporting on what I had to purchase to supplement my food storage each week. I plan on tracking my savings--the difference between my grocery budget and actual expenditure--and spending it once I get to Hawaii to rebuild what I can of my food storage. My kids, however, are scheming to use the savings to buy surfboards.

This week I purchased a lot of stuff.  I'm not even going to bother listing it because I lost my receipt in the jumble but it was about $120 worth of groceries!!! Wow. Some of the things were perishables, for instance I got milk and cheese and apples and bananas.  And then there were items I've run out of like flour and butter and cold cereal that I stocked up on.. I also bought a few specialty items for Dave's birthday dinner--do I count those as groceries or gifts? And of course I couldn't pass up the great deals I found at Saar's on Orange Juice, cream cheese, frozen pie crusts and yogurt, but those only equal about $5 of the total.

So this week I hang my head down and subtract $60 from my storage/savings/surfboard account for a total of $91.70 and don't add anything extra.

This week's food storage depletion menu:
remember these are all going to be made with things already in my pantry or freezers when at all possible.
Wednesday: Pulled Pork sandwiches, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, corn
Thursday: Turkey Tetrazinni over noodles, Steamed Broccoli, Waldorf Salad, Green Jello
Friday: Pizza Night-Pepperoni
Saturday: Chili and cornbread
Sunday: Waffles and berries
Monday: Soup, Salad and Breadsticks
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday--White sauce enchiladas, Tossed Salad, Corn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers