Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Shopping Report and Menu 3/9/11

Now that I am moving and trying to eat up all the food storage in my house--will be too pricey to move it--instead of listing best prices every week I will be reporting on what I had to purchase to supplement my food storage each week. I plan on tracking my savings--the difference between my grocery budget and actual expenditure--and spending it once I get to Hawaii to rebuild what I can of my food storage.  My kids, however, are scheming to use the savings to buy surfboards.

This week I purchased:
2 gallons of milk $4.78
2 2liters of root beer $1.58
8 lbs of bananas $3
6 lbs of oranges $2.22
1 pineapple $1.88
8 lbs of apples $4
3 2# loaves of cheddar cheese $12
12 pack of yogurt for $2
1 # ricotta cheese .50
1 # whipped cream cheese .50
Grand total $32.46
This week I add $27.54 to my Hawaii food storage/savings/surfboard account for a total of  $151.70.

This week's food storage depletion menu:
remember these are all going to be made with things already in my pantry or freezers when at all possible.
WednesdaySoup (Progresso from the food storage), salad and breadsticks
Thursday: DAVE'S BIRTHDAY!!!Cashew Chicken, rice, raspberry jello salad, tossed salad
Friday: Pizza Night-Build your own pizza buffet
Saturday:  Three cheese pasta, peas, artisan bread, caesar salad
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner: Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuits
Monday: Pasta al Fresco, garlic bread, large house salad
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday--Cafe Rio Brazilian Pulled Pork served on corn tortillas with lime rice, dressing and shredded cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers