Thursday, March 31, 2011

For Rent

After months of debate and confusion about what to do with our house we have finally decided to put it on the market--the rental market--and in 3 days time I've already got three interested parties. Tomorrow morning the first looky-lou will come and check out the place to see if it'll work for his daughter's family.

It has been a really hard decision to put the house we love up for rent.  I've heard so many horror stories and there are just so many things that can go wrong when someone else is living in your place. But we also just couldn't feel good about short selling the house; though we had done everything right, in our situation I just couldn't feel like a short sale was being honest. I am hoping that whoever ends up being the tenant is as honest with us as we are trying to be.

Once we made the decision to rent a major chunk of stress just melted off our shoulders.  We knew it was the right decision.  Now to find a good tenant and then on to finding a place we can afford near Laie.

This week is spring break for the kids and Dave so of course Dave has gotten sick.  Poor guy is miserable.  Why does it always happen that he is sick on vacation days and can never take any sick leave? Not fair to him or me.  Now I have been wrangling the kids, mostly on my own, trying to get them to cooperate in some of the projects around the house. We have been catching up on laundry, doing some yard work and carving out a chunk of the garage for packed boxes to wait for departure. My wonderful mother has also come over to help out with some yard work and today she stole the kids away for some grandma fun, a break they really needed.

If you, or someone you know may be interested in renting my house drop me a line.  I'd be glad to send you details and an application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers