Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Shopping Report and Menu 2/9/2011

Now that I am moving and trying to eat up all the food storage in my house--will be too pricey to move it--instead of listing best prices every week I will be reporting on what I had to purchase to supplement my food storage each week. I plan on tracking my savings--the difference between my grocery budget and actual expenditure--and spending it once I get to Hawaii to rebuild what I can of my food storage.  My kids, however, are scheming to use the savings to buy surfboards.

This week I purchased:
I shopped at Fred Meyer.  The items with a star (*) I had a coupon for
2 bagged salads $1.76
3.5# apples $2.77
*4 cartons of ice cream $8
2 gallons milk $4.50
*yogurt $3
corn tortillas $2.87
*2 dozen eggs $3
*4# butter $8
**5 boxes of Kelloggs cereal $5
*3 bottles of Suave shampoo and conditioner $3
3 2liters of soda $2.67
*24 double rolls of TP $8

Grand total $57.24
This week I only add $2.76 to my Hawaii food storage/savings/surfboard account for a total of  $42.51.  These were mostly items I was very low on and needed to replenish.

This week's food storage depletion menu:
remember these are all going to be made with things already in my pantry or freezers when at all possible.

Wednesday: Meat sauce spaghetti, salad, green beans, freshly baked french bread. 
Thursday: French onion soup, cheese toast, chef's salad with garbanzo beans
Friday: Pizza Night-Pepperoni Pizza 
Saturday: Fried chicken, potatoes and gravy, biscuits and mixed veggies (the chicken didn't get defrosted in time to have this for dinner last week and we ended up having mac and cheese instead) Sunday: Breakfast for dinner: waffles and fruit
Monday: Turkey Panini with tater tots, green salad and jello.
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday--fish tacos with all the trimmings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers