Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Shopping report and menu 2/2/2011

Now that I am moving and trying to eat up all the food storage in my house--will be too pricey to move it--instead of listing best prices every week I will be reporting on what I had to purchase to supplement my food storage each week. I plan on tracking my savings--the difference between my grocery budget and actual expenditure--and spending it once I get to Hawaii to rebuild what I can of my food storage.  My kids, however, are scheming to use the savings to buy surfboards.

This week I purchased:
5# bananas $3.50: for lunches smoothies and because Afton was sick and needed something soft and nutritious.
10# apples $6.50: for lunches.
1 30ct pkg tortillas $3.25: for bean and cheese burritos, no time to make homemade this week.
16oz Darigold sour cream 50 cents: didn't need it but couldn't resist the deal.
2 cans of Darigold whipping cream 50 cents each at Saar's: again, didn't need it but couldn't resist the awesome deal!
2 gallons of milk $5

Grand total $20.25
My Hawaii food storage savings/surfboard account now has a beginning total of  $39.75.  A good start.

This weeks food storage depletion menu:
remember these are all going to be made with things already in my pantry or freezers when at all possible.

Wednesday: Fried Rice and potstickers, asian cabbage salad
Thursday: Three cheese ravioli with marinara sauce (NOT chef boy-r-dee), garlic bread, green beans
Friday: Pizza Night-Pepperoni Pizza
Saturday: Soup, salad and breadsticks, jello
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner: Hashbrowns, eggs and bacon
Monday: Fried chicken, potatoes and gravy, biscuits and mixed veggies
Tuesday: beef enchiladas, rice and corn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers