- Breakfast (duh). Cooked oatmeal for breakfast with apples, brown sugar and some cinnamon.OR maple syrup. OR frozen blueberries and half and half. OR bananas and marshmallows. OR peanut butter and powdered sugar.OR . . .
- Make instant oatmeal packets to take to work, school, camping, anywhere you gotta go fast. In a snack size ziploc baggie mix: 1/3 cup quick oats, 1 Tablespoon brown sugar and a dash of salt. Seal removing all excess air. Make a whole batch of these and store the them back in the cardboard container they came in. When you are ready to eat pour the contents into a microwave safe bowl add enough water just to cover and microwave for 1 minute. The biggest expense for this convenient breakfast is the ziploc so be sure to save the ziploc to reuse. Instead of, or in addition to, brown sugar you can add dried fruits, nuts and/or seeds. OR . . .
- Add 1 cup quick oats to the dry ingredients of any of my bread recipes. Add an extra cup of hot water to the wet ingredients as well. Love the flavor and added fiber! Blender Wheat Bread, Sandwich Bread, Potato Bread. OR . . .
- My favorite Oatmeal White Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. OR . . .
- Mom's Homemade Granola. OR . . .
- Chocolate No-bake cookies (my kids call these Cow-poop cookies and devour them). OR . . .
- Substitute quick oats for bread crumbs in your meatloaf.
What do you do with oatmeal?