Thursday, February 10, 2011

Perfect Enchiladas

I have an excellent recipe for chicken enchiladas that has a white sauce base.  I got it from a friend way back in college.  But for years I have been searching for a good red sauce enchilada recipe.  I have tried many different canned varieties and I have tried making it myself.  Always there was an off flavor or it just didn't taste like I wanted it to taste like--until now!

Recently I have discovered Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce and I am sold.  I love this sauce!  I have used it two different ways now both times with excellent results.  I have made bean and cheese enchiladas with flour tortillas and, last night, I made beef enchiladas with ground beef. The mild sauce was perfect for my family.

The recipe I used was right on the back of the can and only requires 12 tortillas, 1 pound of meat (or 1 can refried beans) 2 cups of cheese and 2 cans of sauce.  It goes together quick, bakes for 30 minutes until bubbly and melty, and is ready to serve.  I like to serve it with spanish rice, black beans, some shredded cabbage and sour cream.  Looks and tastes delish!

1 comment:

  1. We love OEP Enchilada sauce too! Rosarita is also one we like too. Have you tried OEP green enchilada sauce? My kids love it, and it's nice for a change.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers