Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Now that I am moving and trying to eat up all the food storage in my house--will be too pricey to move it--instead of listing best prices every week I will be reporting on what I had to purchase to supplement my food storage each week. I plan on tracking my savings--the difference between my grocery budget and actual expenditure--and spending it once I get to Hawaii to rebuild what I can of my food storage.  My kids, however, are scheming to use the savings to buy surfboards.

This week I purchased:
I shopped at Albertsons.  I didn't have any coupons.
2 gallons of milk $4.60
4 lbs of bananas $3.20
9 lbs of apples $6.30Grand total $14.10
This week I add a whopping $45.90 to my Hawaii food storage/savings/surfboard account for a total of  $88.41.  

This week's food storage depletion menu:
remember these are all going to be made with things already in my pantry or freezers when at all possible.

Wednesday: Sloppy Joes, Tater Tots, Jello
Thursday: Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, artisan bread, tossed salad
Friday: Pizza Night-Canadian Bacon
Saturday:  MYOD (make your own dinner)
Sunday: Breakfast for dinner: Grandma's old fashioned apple pancakes, bacon
Monday: Tetrazinni, steamed peas, breadsticks, salad
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday--Chicken Enchiladas, rice and beans, shredded cabbage salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers