Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shopping List and Menu 1/19/2011

Here's my weekly shopping list in which I use the grocery ads and coupons to feed my family of 6 for under $60 each week. To learn more about how you can save money at the grocery store read my Grocery Shopping 101 series of posts. This list is specific to Puget Sound area stores and sales.

Shopping List
* with in-ad coupon
**at this price when minimum purchase requirements are met. See store ad for details.

Saar's Marketplace
* 7# Fuji, Braeburn or Cameo apples 58cents/lb
* 7# Large Navel Oranges 48 cents/lb
* 1 66oz package Calildad white corn tortillas $1.50 ea
* 6 14.5oz Post Honey Bunches of Oats $1.88 ea-$1/2 manuf coupon (SS,1/9/11)
* 1 10# bag Russet Potatoes $1.66 ea
estimated Saar's total $19.26

I'm not really finding much else worth shopping for this week as far as sales go and I need a few non-sale items so I will be making a run to Costco for mayonnaise, sugar, flour, butter, milk, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. This should put me right at my $60 mark.


Menu
This is what we are going to have on the menu using the groceries I purchased this week and the stockpile in my pantry and freezer from previous weeks and months of $60 shopping lists. Remember that one of my New Year's goals is to serve a meatless meal once a week, and we have three theme nights per week: Taco Tuesday, Pizza Friday, and Breakfast for dinner on Sundays.

Wednesday-Eggplant Parmigiana (got a HUGE eggplant at H&L last week for $1)
Thursday- Toscano Soup, salad and breadsticks
Friday-Pizza night! Pepperoni, veggie
Saturday- Macaroni and Cheese
Sunday-Breakfast for dinner! Biscuits and gravy, fruit compote
Monday- Turkey and Swiss Panini's with Fuji, Pecan and Arugula salad and sweet potato fries
Tuesday-Taco Tuesday! Shrimp Quesedillas, cabbage salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Friend! I know you have something very important to say. So, what do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers