Last year I wanted to finish my Bachelors degree, I wanted to include at least one vegetarian dinner a week in the family diet and I wanted to finish some unfinished projects. I am happy to report that I completed these three goals this past year. I graduated on the 17th of December. Not only did I serve vegetarian at least once a week but I also cut down on the amount of sugar cereal I purchased for breakfasts, served exclusively homemade bread without additives or preservatives and usually made with home ground wheat and I use and serve eggs from my own free range chickens. That's healthier. Some of the projects I have completed this year include some home repairs and a few small sewing projects.
Goals for 2011
Long term goals (these are continuations from years past):
- Continue to be a stay-at-home mom.
- Continue having daily personal/family prayer and scripture reading and once a week Family Night.
- Continue gradually moving the family toward a healthier diet. I will experiment more with grains and serve a salad with dinner at least 3 times per week.
1. Complete the following nagging unfinished projects from year's past:
- Finish the family's cross stitched Christmas stockings.(1994)
- Put kids memorabilia into plastic protectors and binders.(1997)
- Order prints of the best photos from the past four years. Place all photos into albums--just the slide the photo in kind of albums, nothing fancy.(2007)
- Put up valances in the dining room and the girls bedroom.(2009)
- Install shelf in girls room.(purchased in 2010)
- Print a blog book.(2010)
2. Complete the Pursuit of Excellence program with my Relief Society. I have personalized some of the items on the checklist to complete this goal. A few of those items are:
It's a big list this year and part of me fears that I am biting off too much. It will be challenging but I think that it is realistic to say I should be able to complete these goals with a little extra effort. And if not, there's always next year.
- Attend the temple monthly.
- Keep a journal of spiritual experiences.
- Take a photography class.
- Develop my skills playing organ by practicing regularly.
- Read at least 6 pieces of uplifting, outstanding classic literature.
- Continue volunteering in the schools.
What are your goals this year?